This is Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week and I would be urging people to try to ensure where possible to service their boiler if they have one in their homes. Boilers should be serviced once every two or three years. Also if people can install a carbon monoxide alarm they should do so. They are available to buy in most hardware shops and online too. It is estimated that six people die of carbon monoxide poisoning every year in Ireland and I am urging people to ensure that they are careful when operating boilers, gas fires, LPG heaters and solid fuel ranges and stoves. This time of year the weather starts to get colder and people will be lighting fires and putting on the central heating so I am urging caution because carbon monoxide is colourless, odourless, and hard to detect and can kill in less than three minutes.
© Michael Fitzmaurice 2022 | Site Design